Friday, February 26, 2010
Thursday, February 25, 2010
What? Well, everyone in our house is sick and it has been pretty miserable around here. Nobody wants to go to the grocery store so we are having breakfast for dinner tonight. I'm going to put on a pot of coffee and try and make the beignets I was supposed to make on Mardi Gras. Side note- My little lady has probably had it the worst and she is excited about the beignets because Princess Tiana makes them in her story and we are currently Princess obsessed.
Never know, maybe this will help shake the funk off of us. I'll post a picture of the outcome and the recipe if they turn out well. Or, maybe even if they don't turn out too well.
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Probably not one of the most well known shows but my husband and I love this comedy. The main characters are about our age and really they couldn't have captured our sense of humor better if they had us abducted by aliens and mentally probed us. Very funny and we look forward to it every week.
2. General Hospital
While I don't watch every day, overall it is the longest running show I watch and I got hooked at a very, very young age. Frisco & Felicia were my super couple.
*A new show that has only aired twice could have the potential to have me hooked - HBO's How to Make it in America
Monday, February 22, 2010
Here is mine. It is really easy.
In a slow cooker, add:
4 chicken breasts
1 packet of Taco seasoning
1 Cup Salsa
1/2 Cup sour cream
1 Can Reduced Sodium Cream of Mushroom soup
1/2 Cup frozen corn
Cook on low 6-8 hours. Serve with rice. Today I'm serving with Jiffy corn bread muffins. Easy meal for when you have practice/games/lessons in the evening!
I've included the link to this DVD at Amazon but this can be purchased at Target & Walmmart, too!
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
I'm making pepperoni rolls this afternoon and they are a family favorite! They are kid friendly and great snacks to take on the go. If you aren't from SW Pennsylvania you might not know about these. They are salty and sweet and really yummy. I didn't have a family/friend recipe that I could try so, a little while back, I tried allrecipes.com and one recipe came up. I thought I'd give it a go and the dough is perfect. They are fun to make with kids but, be warned - they are addictive! The following is the recipe that I use. *Recipe Note- I only use 3 pieces of pepperoni per roll and I add a bit of shredded mozzarella.
2 Hrs 10 Min
- 1 cup warm water (100 degrees F/40 degrees C)
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced pepperoni
- Dissolve 1/2 teaspoon sugar in 1 cup of warm water in a small bowl. Sprinkle yeast over the water and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Mix flour, 3/4 cup sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in the yeast mixture, beaten eggs, and melted butter. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
- Lightly oil a large bowl, then place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a light cloth and let rise in a warm place (80 to 95 degrees F (27 to 35 degrees C)) until doubled in volume, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet.
- Punch down the dough, and divide it into 20 equal pieces about the size of a golf ball. Using your hands, flatten each piece into a small rectangle about 4 inches square. Place 3 slices of pepperoni down the center of each dough square, overlapping the slices. Place another row of 3 slices next to the first. Roll the dough around the pepperoni slices, pinch the edges closed, and place the rolls on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake the rolls in the preheated oven for 14 to 16 minutes, until the bottoms are lightly browned and the tops are barely golden.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 247 | Total Fat: 10.3g | Cholesterol: 45mg
Friday, February 12, 2010
1. Print coupon and bring it to your favorite retailer.
2. Enter coupon code FEBTOY3 on LeapFrog.com at checkout
3. Enter coupon code FEBTOY3 on amazon.com
I love the 3 options. I hope to see this from more manufacturers soon! The Amazon options is a great way to stretch your Amazon giftcards from Swagbucks!
Thursday, February 11, 2010
(Thanks, Couponing to Disney)
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
And the nominiees for Best Picture are:
The Blind Side
- The Hurt Locker
- Inglourious Basterds
- Precious: Based on the Novel 'Push' by Sapphire
- A Serious Man
- Up in the Air
Visit http://oscar.go.com/ for more Oscar fun
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Walgreens Sale and Coupon Matchups 2/7/10 (Thanks, FrugalRIMama!)
CVS Sale and Coupon Matchups 2/7/10 (Thanks, FrugalRIMama!)
Best Rite Aid Deals and Coupon Matchups 2/7/10 (Thanks, Centsable Mama!)
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Free "Sound" at Build- a -Bear (Thanks, Couponing to Disney)
$10/1 Tonka Chuck My Talking Truck
$5/1 Leapfrog Tag Reading System
$5 off any $20 Hasbro Strawberry Shortcake purchase
$15 off $15 purchase at The Limited (Thanks, CouponDad)
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
This is fun. I'm joining Jimmy Choos and a Baby Too and am posting my 2 favorite movies. There are a lot of movies that have moved me over the years but I am basing my 2 picks on the fact that under no circumstances, could I ever change the channel if either of these movies are on.
Movie #1 -National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
What gets me is that Chevy Chase does not even have to speak and I'm cracking up. To me, it is just the perfect movie.
Movie #2- Dirty Dancing
A coming of age show with dancing and 80's music!
What are yours? Please Share!